Yesterday the blog that you are currently reading accomplished two years of web existence! To tell you the truth, when I started this blog I couldn’t imagine that it will be alive after 2 years. I still remember the first teeny-tiny post that I wrote 2 years ago.
If you ask me what happened within these two years, I could briefly answer you with 5 short sentences:
- 77 posts (including this one) were written.
- Over 38000 people have visited this blog.
- The blog pages were read around 82000 times.
- The Facebook page was liked from 80 people.
- 13 people subscribed and 4 followed us on Twitter (Twitter page is quite new).
From the blog stats it is quite clear that the blog traffic increased dramatically within the last year. Almost the 30% of the total pageviews comes from two posts – Excel VBA – Read And Write Text Files (20%) and VBA Macro To Open A PDF File (10%) – which were written the previous year. However, the traffic also increased because I started working on this blog more seriously. For example, I am trying to write a new post either once a week or at least 3 times per month.
In order to celebrate blog’s birthday I decided to renew its layout. If you have visited the blog in the past you will notice the difference. Just for comparison purposes I have uploaded the picture above in order to see the differences between the old and the new layout. The new template is much more compact and bright than the old one. The more obvious changes in the layout are:
- A completely new template (based on brighter colors) was used.
- Archives and author’s gadget were removed from the sidebar.
- The social network icons were compacted in one gadget.
- Floating buttons were removed for faster page loading.
- A new About This Blog page was added in order to help the new visitors.
- The old Let’s Work Together page was spitted in Hire Me and Μαθήματα Excel page.
- The files are now uploaded into the public folder of my Dropbox, so there is no limitation to the number of downloads per day.
- Disqus was set as the new commenting system of the blog. All the old blogger comments were imported to Disuqs, so no comment was lost.