Introduction and motive
Hi! First of all, I would like to welcome you to My Engineering World.My name is Christos Samaras, I am a mechanical engineer/VBA programmer and this is my personal blog. I started My Engineering World on May of 2011 in order to share my knowledge about various engineering topics, as well as to help other people learn Excel, Office, AutoCAD, as well as VBA programming.
The motive behind this blog can be summarized using the famous words of Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz: "It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labor of calculation which could safely be relegated to anyone else if machines were used." Since "machines"(a.k.a. computers) nowadays are capable to do amazing things, we just have to use them creatively and efficiently in order to save our precious time. This is where this blog takes action!
The blog content is based on my education, programming skills, previous experiences and daily tasks. Whenever I find something interesting, I write a post about it. The blog posts are organized in six main categories:
- Articles about various engineering subjects. Sometimes they are based on my university work (paper, poster, thesis chapter etc.)
- Freeware Tools developed mainly in Excel – with or without VBA. They are given free in order to make your daily life easier.
- Office Tips and how-to’s for Excel and other office applications.
- Useful Stuff: presentations, tips, how-to’s, and links to various useful online resources.
- Quick Weekend Tips: small tips about various applications (Excel, AutoCAD etc).
- Blog Related posts regarding the operation of this blog, like updates, offers etc.
Since I have a daily job, I am trying to update this blog whenever I find some free time. So, this means that I am publishing a new post usually every week or at least 3 times per month. If you found this blog interesting and you want to stay updated you can simply subscribe using your email or you can join our Facebook, Google+ and Twitter page. If you want to learn more about me, you can see my full resume (CV) at author’s page.
Thank you for visiting this blog, I hope to enjoy your stay!